- 3 bananas (preferably large, size occasionally matters)
- 6oz butter
- 6oz demerara sugar
- 8oz flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- As many walnut halves/pieces as you please (I added about fifteen last time I made this, come at me bro)
- 4oz sultanas (optional)
- Peel and mash bananas and softened butter together.
- Once well blended sprinkle on sugar then add all other ingredients except for the egg, nuts and sultanas.
- Mix all these ingredients together well with a wooden spoon, then break in the egg, again making sure to mix it well.
- Add the walnuts (and sultanas, if using).
- If you are using a silicone loaf tin, just dump the mixture all in, job done. If you are using a more traditional metal tin, then grease the tin, make a lift of greaseproof paper, grease that, pop it in the bottom of the tin, and then spoon in the mixture.
- Bake in a moderate oven (gas mark 4, 180C [165C for fan ovens]) for one to one and a half hours until golden brown and a knife or skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.
This was posted 10 months ago. It has 1 note.